Email : sandeepm[at]cftri[dot]res[dot]in
Biofuels from crop residues and food wastes; Indigenous high-performance bioreactor-photobioreactor development for bacteria, algae and plant metabolites for food and fuel applications; Wastewater treatment in the food industry for ZLD; Chemical-residue-free Advanced oxidation process development for crop residues, wastewater treatment, grain protection; Modeling-Simulation, CFD; LCA-based sustainability assessment; Cleaner processing in ayurveda.
Ph.D. Topics available :
1) Cleaner processing of polyherbal ayurvedic formulations, phytochemical profiling, safety and efficacy evaluation for immunomodulatory effect (jointly with Biochemistry Dept and Industry)
2) Cleaner processing of polyherbal ayurvedic formulations, phytochemical profiling, safety and efficacy evaluation for liver diseases (jointly with Biochemistry Dept)
3) High-performance photobioreactor development for high-value algae/plant metabolites (omega 3, PUFA etc).
3) Studies on non-chemical methods for crop residues pretreatment and biochemical conversion to XOS/ Xylitol/ethanol/biogas (jointly with CSIR-NIIST/NCL/ IIP)
4) Biofuels from food waste and wastewater treatment using membrane bioreactors coupled with advanced tertiary treatment (with Industry)
5) Green high-performance chemical-residue-free disinfection processes for grains, fruits and vegetables
6) Biopolymers and organic compost from food wastes and wastewaters.
Development of cleaner and greener processing methods in Ayurveda/Phyto-therapy for immune health; Indigenous high--performance Photobioreactors for Plant and Algae cultivation, Membrane bioreactors; Algal-based CO2 sequestration and bioconversion to food and fuel-grade products; Indigenous High Performance Photobioreactors for Plant and Algae cultivation, Membrane bioreactors; Crop-residue and food waste valorisation to biofuels; Organic agriculture, wastewater treatment for ZLD in food industry; Modeling, LCA, Sustainability and Circular economy in food and allied industries.
Towards Excellence Certificate of Praj Industries, Pune for Development and Commercialisation of Indigenous Full Scale High Performance Bioreactors for Food and Bio-Pharma Industries,1997
AOTS Fellowship, Japan 2000
CSIR-Raman Fellow, DUKE Univ., USA 2010
National Biotechnology Award for the year 2003, for the demonstration of indigenously developed biotechnological process for desulphurization of biogas